Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A short discovery of Lille

I wrote about my trip to Brussels earlier. My next trip to Belgium was several months later, and this time I went to a few different towns in the country.

But before reaching Belgium (Bruges actually, which was my first destination in the country for this trip), I had a two-hour wait in Lille, a town in northern France. So I walked around a little, snapping photos as I went along.

gare de Lille-Flandres (the train station I arrived in; there's another called Lille-Europe not far away)

the small square straight down the road from the train station (Place du Théâtre)


both sides of the square

the opera

chambre de commerce (chamber of commerce)

la vieille bourse (the old commercial exchange)

Just behind the bourse, there is a bigger square (Place du Général-de-Gaulle)

See the vieille bourse on the right? And that tower is the chamber of commerce.


that's the bourse and the building in the previous picture

the side of the square opposite the bourse (you can see a part of the white building on the left)

a better view of the statue in the centre of the square

From Lille, I took the train with three other friends to Bruges (they took a different train to Lille). That will be the next travel post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment